The WORCA First Loonie Race of the season saw 106 racers out to ride one of the few trails open in the Whistler Valley on May 3rd.
The riders we mostly happy at the finish, despite the bottle-neck start, and the chunder of Shit Happens backwards! Pemberton Distillery's Schramm Vodka made some tasty Schrammenade and Caesars and Alpine Cafe served up their delicious veggie chili in their own baked bread bowls. The Zero Waste Loonie was a success!
The Alpine Cafe provided wooden spoons that could be tossed in the fire, Evolution purchased biodegradable plastic cups for the drinks and all of the plastic and cans were recycled. There was zero garbage!
Thank you to TAG for the great location and gift certificate prizes and thank you to JJ for the great tunes! And "Nice Work" to Trev for setting the course and sweeping, Jessy & Lauren for the finish officials, Rabbit and Tristan who manned the fire, and Bruno who provided the pack truck (and NIce work to me for squeezing all of the lemons and mixing up the drinks... and organizing the whole thing :).
The Prize winners:
- 1st Adult Male: Matt Ryan (15min to Ride Shit Happens backwards and Big Kahuna!)
- 1st Adult Woman: Fanny Paquette
- 1st Junior Boy: Felix Burke
- 1st Junior Girl: Bobby Douglas
- Best Bear Roar: Chris Milliterno
- 1st Racer wearing an Evo Dragon: Todd Hellingha
- Sexiest Racer: Martin Redicott
- Youngest Racer: Fynn Isles
- Nicest Racer: Matt Hebert
- Fastest Dog: Chevy
- Rock on Whistler Loonie Racers!